Since the emergence of social media, we can all agree that social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat have become the new homes of conducting businesses, creating consumer bases and advertising products. With the help of social media tools, some businesses drive more traffic and generate more sales to their business.
With about 73 million Nigerians online population using social media, it is the most explored platform for high business output. This means that roughly seven out of every 10 people in Nigeria have an active social media account, and most of them use it on their phone. This number keeps growing across social media platforms and businesses derive increased revenue from target audience.
courtesy: Vanguard Newspaper
Social media is where your potential customers are networking, engaging with their friends and talking about products like yours. To increase sales for your business using social media tools, I recommend that you need to have basic knowledge of social media. You can learn more about social media for business here or attend our Social Media Marketing training.
If you get the knowledge of how social media works, you will eventually translate your learning efforts into profitable business returns.
The best things they say do not come free. To get ahead in your business and be able to manage your social media accounts some tools require you to pay but you get the options to try some of this tools.
Here are social media tools that are best for driving profitability and help your business reach as many people and increase your sales in Nigeria.
S0cial Media Tools To Manage Your Social Media Accounts
- Buffer is a social media tool that makes management of your social account easy. If you manage multiple social accounts and do not have the time to keep track of all posts all at once, then buffer is the perfect tool. You can schedule up to 10 posts with Buffer’s free plan. Publishing posts one at a time is a major time-waster. Buffer will do that and far more. It is arguably the most popular social media management tool. It also does a thorough analysis of your engagement and overall analytics to help you know how to scale your business in the right direction.
- Hootsuite – If Buffer is not the most popular social media tool, then it has to be HootSuite. Morever, because it’s so widely used, you can easily find someone to manage your accounts for you. It is also used for scheduling and tracking social media accounts.
- Tweetdeck – It is a highly specialized service that offers Twitter users a comprehensive and completely free way to manage multiple Twitter accounts. It is a popular tool that used monitor your engagements, mentions, retweet and likes around your niche. If you are wondering what your presence is on twitter, this tool will help you analyse and manage your social web presence.
- Oktopost – Oktopost helps B2B companies deliver engaging content to prospects and customers globally. Most companies like Panasonic, Toshiba, Fujista are using third-party applications to enhance their marketing are seeking a comprehensive boost to all their platforms. With powerful data analytics, post scheduling, content curation and discussion tracking, the application allows businesses to increase their productivity, while at the same time pinpointing any glaring weaknesses. Oktopost is an invaluable resource for businesses trying to increase their social media performance, productivity, improves teamwork, and boosts revenue for companies of all sizes.
- Preview app – The Preview app is everything you need in an app that would help your Instagram account. The app offers a paid version but I found out that the free package is all you would need. This app automatically load all previous grid images from Instagram and helps plan your feed, you get free unlimited grids to edit and ou can rearrange your photos while you plan your Instagram feed. For your entire standard image editing, with preview app you can crop, sharpen, whiten or brighten etc. your images. Preview app has a lot more tools. You have option of scheduling photos, videos, instastories, and carousels with amazing filters. After post your Instagram post goes up, you may want to analyse your activities, this app helps you with your personalized Instagram analytics.
- Storyheap – Storyheap is an in-depth analytics and management platform that might be the only tool around that lets you manage your Instagram and Snapchat Stories. You can create, schedule, and analyse your stories from a single dashboard. It is a solution for brands, agencies and influencers when it comes to measuring the performance of posts & campaigns. It has unique features such as uploading, scheduling, multiple platform synchronization and web-based story editor.
- Grum – Just as every other social media tool used for managing multiple accounts, Grum is the missing tool for scheduling and using multiple accounts on Instagram. Upload photos directly from your computer to your Instagram account without needing your phone, schedule Instagram posts by creating a calendar to publish on the required day and time to get more followers, and manage multiple accounts and post on any account at the same time.
- Tailwind – Most Nigerians have not realised to importance of Pinterest. I have been using Pinterest for a year and I can confidently tell you that Pinterest provides the highest number of traffic to my blog. Tailwind helps you get good results on Pinterest and Instagram. With Tailwind you get even more traffic and leads to your work.
- Followerwonk – This social media tools helps you manage your Twitter account. This is a power tool that can save you hours finding and following the right people. Followerwonk is a Twitter analytics tool that allows users to gather and analyse information on Twitter users, determine trends in the mentioned social networking tool, and expand their reach to widen their audience, increase their follower base, and forward their business goals. This analytical platform helps businesses discover existing and potential followers identify them by category (location, sentiments, who they follow, etc.), compare Twitter accounts, and more.
S0cial Media Tools To Optimize Your Posts for More Engagement
- Wordswag – WordSwag is an easy to use app that allows you to add text to your photos and create great graphics in no time, that you can share across all your social media accounts. You can choose from your own photos or numerous built-in backgrounds. You can try it out and take a quote from any message and add any background of your choice or just use the stock pictures.
- Canva – Canva will enable you to design marketing material, social media posts, books or even images you might need for your blogging activities free, although the paid version of the tool is available if you want to use Canva professionally. The online design tool lets you add as many layers to your images as you want, thus enabling you to produce captivating pictures you can use for a wide variety of purposes.
- Typito – Typito has been described as “Canva for video”. It is a drag-and-drop interface that allows you to quickly create engaging videos with beautiful typography, images, and videos.
- Tagwin – Do you want to run an Instagram contest? Running Instagram contests is a great way to drive engagement and reach on Instagram and Tagwin makes the process simple and easy.
- Smartmockups– Smartmockups lets you create photos of your product (digital, print, or apparel) in realistic backgrounds, without needing help from a designer.
Most businesses do not thrive by manual means except you get lucky or you strategize to trend via social media. To get numerous engagements on various social media, investing in social media tools that will put your business in front of potential customer is advisable. Social media tools only helps you to achieve the work you put in it and do not perform magic for us, you still have to do some work to understand your target audience and the social media platforms they use often.
If you are interested in perfecting your social media marketing skill, then you need to enrol for our social media training.
Latest posts by Tonye Barimalaa (see all)
- An interview with Larry Kim: Mobile Monkey - February 8, 2019
- Copying contents makes you a bad writer – Think out of the box! - August 2, 2018
- 4 simple techniques you need to know to engage your target audience - May 18, 2018